Senior/Principal Scientist, Pharmacology
About The Position
DeepCure is seeking an exceptional and highly motivated Principal Scientist to join our fast-growing collaborative team. As a Principal Scientist at DeepCure, you will work on the biggest challenges in the pharmaceutical industry, apply cutting-edge technologies, and help us shape the company’s scientific vision. You will work hand-in-hand with other drug discovery scientists and software engineers and be accountable for building and managing a portfolio of biological targets aligned to unmet medical needs that take full advantage of DeepCure’s AI approach. This is a truly unique position in which you will have a leading role in changing the way the industry approaches drug discovery.
More about DeepCure
DeepCure is a next-generation therapeutics company, built from the ground up with equal importance to computation and life sciences. Our mission is to deliver to patients safer and more efficacious therapeutics that are extremely unlikely to be discovered by traditional drug discovery pipelines. We are a team of curious, multidisciplinary, and impact-driven professionals on a quest to redefine the way drugs are discovered. Our main US office is located in Boston, and our Israel office and lab is located in the Ness Ziona Science Park. This position is based in our Israel office/lab.
- Deep passion for the intersection of multidisciplinary methods and the future of drug discovery, as well as a desire to play a pivotal role in a nascent startup.
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences, or related discipline, with at least 5+ years of industry experience, at least 3 of them in a lead discovery role, preferably leading a drug discovery program. Postdoctoral research periods would be considered as relevant experience in case of drug-discovery-related research.
- Deep expertise in immunology with a proven track record of scientific accomplishments: peer-reviewed publications and presentations at key scientific conferences.
- Experience leading an immunology drug discovery program is required; preference will be given to those who have successfully driven a program from the early stage to clinical candidate nomination.
- A strong molecular and cellular biology background.
- Deep knowledge of existing/emerging technologies model systems (in vitro, in vivo and ex vivo).
- Experience with small molecule phenotypic screening.
- Appreciation of how to utilize big data to drive discovery efforts.
- Solid understanding of other disciplines that compose a drug discovery team.
- Extensive experience engaging with CROs to direct, manage, and coordinate external efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and integrate novel ideas and approaches into program workflows.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and readily adopt new technologies and ways of thinking.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams with the ability to effectively convey complex subject matter to non-experts.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate in an open, clear, timely and consistent manner.
- Exceptional scientific record-keeping, organization, and management of data.
- Ability to work on-site in our office/lab space, and flexibility in work hours in order to accommodate collaboration with our US-based team.
Hiring level commensurate with experience.
In this role you will:
- Function as Program Lead and drive one or more early-stage drug discovery programs from early lead to IND.
- Work closely and in collaboration with the Director of Biology to help build and expand the current portfolio.
- Represent pharmacology on cross-functional and strategic teams, including external collaborations and assess pharmacological aspects in different projects.
- Provide oversight for work conducted by CRO(s).
- Act as a mentor to junior researchers
- Initiate and engage with researchers and key opinion leaders from industry and academia to establish scientific studies to promote and support DeepCure’s new and ongoing programs.
- Facilitate build-up of internal research capabilities in DeepCure wet lab
- Support integration of AI and automation into the discovery programs to promote the scientific work
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary and a generous equity grant. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- A leadership team that values and prioritizes your professional development
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited paid leave and sick time
- Lunch subsidies (TenBis)
- Company contribution toward study fund (keren hishtalmut).
- Transportation expenses/parking
- Work in a cool and vibrant space at the heart of Rehovot Science Park
- Have the opportunity to work with an international team of innovative scientists across different disciplines.
- Work closely with a team of humble, mission-driven professionals, with a trust-based and open communication culture.
- A great professional growth potential
“Brainstorming on my challenges with all these amazing brains deserves a shout-out every sprint” (Jon, a member of our Machine learning team).
Most importantly, you'll have a huge impact, do important work, and work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
DeepCure is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.