Senior Machine Learning Scientist
About The Position
DeepCure is seeking an exceptional and highly motivated Machine Learning Scientist to join our fast-growing collaborative team. As a Machine Learning Scientist at DeepCure, you will work on the biggest challenges in the pharmaceutical industry, apply cutting-edge technologies, and help us shape the company’s platform vision. You will work hand-in-hand with other drug discovery scientists and software engineers and develop technological tools to support our drug-discovery pipeline, which targets unmet medical needs. This is a truly unique position in which you will have a leading role in changing the way the industry approaches drug discovery.
More about DeepCure:
DeepCure is a next-generation therapeutics company, built from the ground up with equal importance to computation and life sciences. Our mission is to deliver to patients safer and more efficacious therapeutics that are extremely unlikely to be discovered by traditional drug discovery pipelines. We are a team of curious, multidisciplinary, and impact-driven professionals on a quest to redefine the way drugs are discovered. Our main office in the US is located in Boston and our platform team is working on a fully-remote basis, and is composed of computer scientists based in different locations in the united states, and globally.
- Strong passion for using machine learning to improve our world.
- A Ph.D. in computer science, or related field, or a Ph.D. in Chemistry/Life Science related field, with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience in Machine Learning models design, for use in drug discovery applications, or MS with 8 years of industry experience.
- Industry experience (based on the above requirement), preferably in a small start-up environment, working on early-stage drug discovery applications.
- A track record of developing novel machine-learning solutions for real-life problems.
- Strong expertise in machine learning, data mining, and statistical analysis techniques, with a proven track record of successfully applying these methods in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- A strong understanding of the underlying math and statistical learning concepts in modern machine learning techniques.
- Familiarity with modern Deep Learning Architectures like Transformers and Graph Neural Networks.
- Publications or research in fields related to artificial intelligence.
- Comfort with modern software development practices (Git, Issue tracking, code-review, CI/CD, etc).
- Ability to work in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Knowledge of chemical informatics, molecular modeling, and drug discovery workflows.
- Familiarity with Computational Chemistry methods
Hiring level commensurate with experience.
In this role you will:
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of machine learning models and algorithms that power DeepCure’s AI platform, leveraging state-of-the-art techniques to enhance our drug discovery pipeline.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including chemists, biologists, and data scientists to design and implement DeepCure s proprietary technology for early-stage drug discovery.
- Mentor, learn, and share cross-disciplinary knowledge with others along the way.
- Run all of the technical duties in executing DeepCure's programs.
- Designing and researching methods to overcome challenges discovered while running programs.
- Working closely with medicinal chemists and biologists to translate ideas into DeepCure's platform.
- Apply your expertise to analyze and interpret complex biological and chemical data, identifying patterns, trends, and potential drug candidates
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements in machine learning, artificial intelligence, and drug discovery fields, and proactively identify opportunities to apply new methodologies and technologies to our research.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior scientists, fostering a collaborative and intellectually stimulating work environment.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary and a generous equity grant. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- A leadership team that values and prioritizes your professional development
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited paid leave and sick time
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Healthcare, vision, dental, and life insurance plans for you and your dependents
- Generous parental leave
- Employer contribution to FSA and HSA to use for qualified health expenses
- Tax-advantaged commuter benefits for public transportation or parking.
- Work in a cool and vibrant space at the heart of Boston OR anywhere else in the world.
“Brainstorming on my challenges with all these amazing brains, deserves a shout-out every sprint” (Jon, Member of our Machine learning team).
Most importantly, you'll have a huge impact, do important work, and work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
DeepCure is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.