Sales & Business Development Manager
Sales & Business Development
El Segundo, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Sales Executive to acquire accounts; you will develop a sales pipeline, with a mix of high-value and transactional accounts, and recruit and launch businesses to sell their products on FLIP.You will be responsible for identifying and building relationships with key influencers and decision-makers within the executive teams of prospective accounts, along with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to create and present compelling FLIP solutions that meet and exceed customer requirements. After the acquisition, the account manager will build the success of those accounts by providing business insights, training, support, and seller education.You should be experienced in sales and business development, with a background in retail. Ability to use Hubspot, Zoominfo, and other services to secure leads and outreach. The job is in-person at our offices in El Segundo/Los Angeles, CA.Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Formulating a long-term road map for the categories you will be responsible for
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach, communicate the specific value proposition for their business and use case, and establish long-term, successful partnerships
- Work closely with other executives and interested sellers to successfully negotiate and close deals
- Review and monitor the performance and sales of key partners to manage their performance
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets and operational metrics
- Identify, qualify, and acquire brands to sell on Flip through any of our selling channels; outright, fulfillment & drop-ship marketplace!
- Identify opportunities and grow seller accounts and commitments
- Implement and track metrics for recording the success and quality of the sellers.
- Use these metrics to guide your work and uncover hidden areas of opportunity
- Develop a clear understanding of the selling of FLIP products, features, and functionalities
- Develop a thorough understanding of the e-commerce industry and competitive environment including knowledge of competitive product offerings
- Engage with merchants to understand their needs and gauge fit with the FLIP Services product set
- Analyze customer data and make recommendations in order to maximize the potential of the assigned territory.
- Engage with internal and external customers/teams to improve products and business processes
- Ideally 2+ years of sales/business development experience at a high-growth company, preferably in the retail space.
- Knowledge of outbound sales tools and processes.
- Capable of effectively communicating Flip’s value proposition to partners
- Strong analytical acumen - comfortable generating and evaluating various forecasts, metrics, and analyses.
- You have a passion for retail, tech, and e-commerce.
- Experience at a high-growth startup, marketplace, or creator-focused platform is a plus
- Self-motivated, proactive team player.
- Driven, process-oriented person.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and effectively prioritize various requests and responsibilities
- Outstanding computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Hubspot, and Google Suite