Mobile (or full stack) Developer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, June 2, 2023
At GoodOnes, we are on a mission to liberate memories from cluttered camera rolls.
We’re rethinking the entire personal photo/video experience from the ground up. Current photo systems (Google/Apple) encourage just piling up photos and videos — most of us spend more time taking photos than looking at them.
We’re solving this through a unique combination of AI + HI (artificial + human intelligence) that allows everyone to curate and edit their personal media in a scalable and manageable way, and using the curated media to create the “Netflix for your memories”. We’re letting every human be the director in their life’s documentary. And it’s all fully compatible with Google and Apple photos.
Founder/CEO is former PM leader in Google Photos monetization and managed the consumer PM team at Dropbox. We’re venture backed with top-tier VCs, and are looking to hire ambitious folks who are looking to change the way humanity interacts with their memories.
You’ll be a founding mobile (or full-stack) engineer for GoodOnes, working directly with the founder (former lead/exec in Google, Dropbox) and world-class peers.
You’ll build our mobile app from the ground up, working closely with UX, and iterating quickly based on the build-measure-learn loop.
You will build a highly scalable mobile first experience and integrate with Google Photos API and iCloud.
How We Work
Native Apps: Unlike many startups at this stage, we strongly believe in creating a quality native platform app leveraging everything that the native platform can give us. We are not a react native or cross platform shop. Eventually when the app has proven itself in the iOS realm, we would create an Android native equivalent.
Hybrid Work: We are a hybrid distributed team, with everyone within the PST to EST time zone band. The CEO, CTO, UX designer and a couple others are within SF and we have a dedicated office too.
Autonomy Focused: We believe in growing autonomous, independent engineers and loathe micromangement. We highly value ideas and feedback and ask everyone to input their product and engineering ideas.
* 4-year Bachelors CS degree or equivalent body of work in Github
* 2+ years of mobile development experience
* SwiftUI experience. Some ReactNative experience in addition a plus
* Experience w/ REST APIs, wrappers and working with backends
* Obsession over every pixel
* Customer empathy and curiosity
* Bias for action and desire to learn
* SF Based (3 days in the office per week, around the embarcadero BART station)
* ML experience
* Computer vision experience
* Experience working on consumer products
* Passion for personal photos and videos
* Competitive salary and equity
* Generous vacation policy
* 401(k) matching
* Health insurance
* Flexible benefits: can be applied towards a working space, gym, wellness, childcare, groceries