Senior Backend Engineer- Travel
The Mesh team is a group of innovators and leaders on a mission to make payments smarter, smoother, and more secure. We believe in building a transparent and dynamic world, and we highly invest in our people, customers, and product. We have a flexible work model, connecting people from multiple locations including the US, Europe, and Tel Aviv. We are always looking for talented people to be part of the team and to help shape the Mesh product and culture. Join us in building the future of corporate payments!
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to join our team.
As a Backend Engineer at Mesh, you’ll get the chance to build a high-scale, performant and secure, modern SaaS product serving thousands of businesses worldwide!
You will work with a highly professional team and have the opportunity to experience multiple technologies; from Java backends to serverless NodeJS applications, running on modern cloud infrastructure.
Each member of our Engineering team is an all-around player that influences the product from the overall experience to the details of development and architecture. You should be passionate about software engineering and creating and owning a product end-to-end; from inception to production, through the technical design, coding, testing, deployment, and monitoring.
What you will do:
- Join a team of highly experienced engineers, tackling tough problems and finding creative ways to solve them.
- Work closely with product owners to deliver high-performing, scalable backend applications and API services/products
- Build large and complex, customer-facing web applications and API products from the ground up using modern technologies.
- Maintain, enhance and improve the backend empowering our platform.
- Have full ownership over designing, implementing, and testing features and services that make up our backend/platform.
- Continuously push the professionalism bar higher by promoting a culture of quality and ownership.
What you should have:
- 2+ years of experience working/integrating with GDS systems such as Sabre, Amadeus, Travelport Sabre.
- A solid understanding of distributed and scalable production systems.
- High standards for code quality, testability, maintainability, security, and performance
- Team player with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Fluent in English - spoken and written
- Previous experience with NodeJS - an advantage
- Previous experience working on financials/payments systems - an advantage
- Previous experience in a start-up environment - an advantage
We want to make sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. Mesh is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Mesh’s policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.