Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Palo Alto (hybrid)
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who wants to join a fast-paced startup and has the ability to build complex financial models from the ground up. Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, this is a highly visible role with the ability to directly impact critical business decisions and financial outlook. If you like building financial models and want to create real impact on the business, - then you belong here!
What you'll do:
- Own and maintain complex financial models for actual, forecast, and planning processes
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial analyses providing insights into key drivers across the financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow), as well as risks and opportunities
- Support company-wide initiatives to drive improvements in gross margin and profitability
- Structure, build, and maintain complex financial and decision-making models to support key business outcomes
- Support the long-range and annual planning process including income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow
- Partner with departments to deliver accurate financial forecasting including analysis and recommendations
- Prepare commentary and presentation materials for executive-level discussions and the board
- Support M&A activities, due diligence, fundraising, and company financial strategic initiatives
What we need:
- BA/BS in finance, accounting, economics or a quantitative discipline (Masters is a plus)
- 3-5 years of FP&A experience with a track record of supporting financial forecasts; ideally at a growth stage SaaS startup or tech company (insurance experience is a plus)
- A strong understanding of all three financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow) and associated drivers across all three statements
- Ability to break down and solve complex problems with strong business acumen & data-driven techniques
- Understand SaaS business models and reporting metrics
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills, ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with competing and shifting priorities
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills along with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bonus: Experience with SQL and data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau)
- Bonus: Experience with Adaptive planning and modeling tools
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in the location(s) listed. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.