Claims Advocate, Commercial GL
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
We are looking for a motivated Claims Advocate with a focus on GL. You will join a team of experienced claims professionals and will investigate and resolve general liability claims to provide the best possible claim outcome and employ best efforts to ensure that the customers’ interests are protected.
What You'll Do:
- Manages, investigates, and resolves general liability claims
- Investigates and evaluates coverage, liability, damages, and settles claims within prescribed authority levels. Recommends ultimate resolution on assigned cases in excess of their authority to local claims management
- Evaluate insurance coverage based on claim report, the insurance policy and applicable statutes and case law to determine if a claim can be accepted as being within coverage
- Communicates with policyholders, witnesses, and claimants in order to gather information regarding claims, refers tasks to auxiliary resources as necessary, and advise as to proper course of action. Responds to various written and telephone inquiries including status reports
- Comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements of all applicable jurisdictions
- Meet detailed quality assurance standards and meet set goals of performance
- Strong customer service skills as demonstrated in listening and the ability to show empathy
- Identifies potential suspicious claims and refers to SIU and identifies opportunities for third party subrogation
What We Need:
- 2+ years of claims handling experience with a focus on commercial GL claims
- Knowledge of coverage, liability, and claims handling procedures
- Strong written and oral communication skills required as well as strong interpersonal, analytical, investigative, and negotiation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- The capabilities, skills and knowledge required is normally acquired through a Bachelor's degree and at least 2+ years of related experience.
- Candidates must have, or be able to promptly obtain a Texas Independent Adjuster License
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.