Location: Palo Alto, CA (hybrid)
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
This role will drive the strategic embedded insurance agenda and play a pivotal role in enhancing our collaboration with NEXT’s emerging strategic partners. You will be responsible for cultivating deep partnerships, hunting for revenue opportunities within existing partnerships, and ensuring seamless execution to deliver value both to NEXT and our Partners. You will be accountable for the profitable growth and for best-in-class partner service with assigned partners. If you can drive revenue growth and deeper relationships with large brand-name digital ecosystems, join our team and contribute to NEXT’s strategic vision.
What You’ll Do:
- You will be the partnership manager and owner of NEXT’s relationship with key embedded insurance partners, encompassing owning assigned revenue goals, building mutually aligned strategies, and ensuring internal and external teams execute plans
- Take ownership of building and nurturing relationships with assigned partners. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align strategies, set growth targets, and ensure successful execution of partnership initiatives.
- Work closely with partners to understand their business strategies, objectives, and pain points. Use your analytical skills to develop tailored solutions that create mutual value and drive revenue growth.
- You will be an extension of a partners’ team and become the internal champion of your assigned partners within NEXT working across various teams (insurance, product, business operations, finance, and others) to deliver the full value of NEXT to both our partner and their clients
- Proactively identify and develop new revenue opportunities within existing partnerships. Create structured business cases and ROI analyses to support proposed initiatives.
- Engage with C-suite and executive stakeholders at partner organizations to understand their strategic priorities. Translate these insights into actionable strategies that strengthen partnerships.
- Monitor partnership performance against key metrics and revenue targets. Provide regular updates on progress, trends, challenges, and opportunities to internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver best-in-class partnership management and account stewardship resulting in high partner satisfaction levels
What We Need:
- Proven experience managing and cultivating partnerships in a client-facing role. Demonstrated ability to achieve meaningful revenue goals and deliver value through collaborative initiatives.
- Possess strong analytical and strategic thinking skills. Ability to deep dive into partner businesses, identify growth opportunities, and propose creative solutions for mutual benefit.
- Confident in engaging with stakeholders at all levels, including C-suite and executives. Ability to understand partner needs, foster relationships, and advocate effectively.
- Track record of successfully collaborating with diverse internal teams such as product, operations, and finance to execute partnership strategies and achieve goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of conveying complex ideas clearly to both internal and external audiences.
- Thrive in ambiguous environments and navigate through challenges with a solutions-oriented mindset.
- Prior experience in the insurance, insurtech, or embedded finance industries would be advantageous
- Ability to navigate both up and down various internal and external organizational levels communicating, leading, and aligning across C-Suite stakeholders to front-line employees
- The ability to align vision/strategy/execution in highly ambiguous environments
- Prior Insurance and/or insurtech experience
- Embedded finance experience
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in the location(s) listed. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.