Technical Talent Acquisition Lead
Location: Waltham, MA (hybrid)
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
In the role of Senior Technical Talent Acquisition Partner, you will be a key contributor to NEXT's talent acquisition initiatives, focusing on technology and engineering. Collaborating closely with our People Team (HR) and People Ops teams, your primary objective is to source, attract, engage, and successfully close high-caliber talent for various technology-oriented positions within the company. Additionally, you will collaborate on technical roles nationwide, utilizing your expertise in the recruitment process, candidate assessment, and relationship management to ensure a smooth and efficient hiring process.
What you'll do:
- Employ diverse sourcing methods, such as job boards, social media, professional networks, and referrals, to identify potential candidates.
- Develop and maintain a talent pipeline, ensuring a consistent pool of qualified candidates for current and future openings.
- Implement innovative strategies to attract passive candidates and enhance the employer's brand.
- Review resumes and applications to shortlist candidates meeting job requirements.
- Conduct initial phone screens and interviews to assess candidate qualifications, experience, and cultural alignment.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to understand their needs and provide insights for effective decision-making.
- Ensure timely feedback and communication to candidates throughout the interview process.
- Collect and synthesize interview feedback for presentation to hiring managers.
- Foster a positive and engaging candidate experience from application to offer stage.
- Regularly communicate with candidates, providing updates, addressing questions, and preparing them for the interview process.
- Act as an organizational brand ambassador, promoting culture, values, and career opportunities.
- Collaborate with hiring managers and People teams to extend offers to selected candidates.
- Track and maintain recruitment data and metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of sourcing strategies and the hiring process.
What we need:
- 7-9 years of demonstrated experience as a Talent Acquisition Partner or in a similar role, recruiting engineers and other technical positions
- Preferred experience in the technology, insurtech, or fintech sectors.
- Strong understanding of talent acquisition best practices and familiarity with various recruitment tools and Greenhouse or applicant tracking systems (ATS).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effective interaction with candidates and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work independently, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Exemplary professionalism, confidentiality, and ethical conduct when handling sensitive candidate information.
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field is preferred.
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in the location(s) listed. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.