Location: Rochester, NY (hybrid)
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
Our People & Facilities Team makes sure Next Insurance is a phenomenal place to work every day. We’re responsible for building, growing and developing the careers of the extraordinary people who work here.
This will be a unique role supporting a hybrid workplace and overseeing day to day office operation. You will report to the Head of Workplace/Facilities and be a close partner to site leaders in Rochester, NY and Waltham, MA. Our ideal candidate will have the desire to constantly learn new things, always be willing to help, possess a positive & collaborative spirit, and can thrive with little supervision.
What You’ll Do:
- Support with local implementation of people processes and programs (e.g. culture programs, anniversaries, benefits, exits, etc)
- Coordinate the delivery of site amenities such as food and snack program
- Foster a fun office culture that is aligned to company values and drives inclusion
- Partner closely with the People Team to ensure an excellent onboarding experience for new-hires in Rochester, and remotely for Waltham–possible travel to Waltham office over time.
- Support a variety of critical business functions including financial, vendor management, onboarding programs and general office services
- Manage day to day facilities operations including ticketing system, moves, janitorial and food services
- Act as liaison between landlords, maintenance, security, legal and IT personnel to ensure smooth delivery of services
- Track spending and implement cost savings initiatives
- Manage and supervise contractors for maintenance and improvements including electrical, audio/visual, security, cabling, janitorial, plumbing, utilities, and HVAC
- Perform and maintain regular property inspections to proactively maintain the appearance of the office
- Conduct frequent walkthroughs to ensure clean and organized office environment
- Provide information and direction to vendors, facilities staff and other service providers to ensure excellent coordination and execution of work, with minimal disruption
- Liaise with HQ in Palo Alto, CA - partnering with the Head of Workplace to ensure we have adequate room for growth (i.e. space planning) and facilitate office moves
- Support with planning and execution of site events
- Other duties may include but are not limited to: reception and guest support, mail and courier services, office supplies and equipment maintenance, landlord relationships and management of building access passes, safety and security support
What We Need:
- 2+ years of professional experience with an emphasis on facilities, hospitality, corporate services, event management, culture building, property management or equivalent office management experience
- Ability to handle multiple requests and work in a fast paced environment and be responsive to customer requests/service issues
- Ability to meet deadlines and make sound decisions, sometimes under stress
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- You have absolute discretion in handling confidential information
- You are agile, fearless, and able to adapt to shifting priorities
- You move fast and can triage tasks and resolve issues quickly
- You have strong organizational skills and detail-orientation
- BA/BS preferred
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in the location(s) listed. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.