Insurance Product Manager
Location: Palo Alto, CA (hybrid)
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
We're looking for a talented, passionate Insurance Product Manager to join our team. This is a highly visible and cross-functional position with the primary goals of P&L ownership and delivering best-in-class products to small businesses in multiple verticals. We believe that the insurance products available on the market today do not fit the needs of small businesses and we are committed to leading the charge in rethinking SMB insurance as we know it. If you get excited about understanding & redesigning pricing, love thinking about risk, and want to work on initiatives that will have a real impact on the industry and our customers - we’d love to talk to you!
What You’ll Do:
- Become a go-to expert for our existing portfolio of insurance products, overseeing the coverage, pricing, underwriting and compliance
- Conduct industry research, competitive benchmarking, and small business owner interviews then leverage that knowledge to prioritize the target customer’s biggest insurance needs
- Be responsible for the growth and profitability of our Property lines by optimizing underwriting and pricing, determining insurance offering, filing product revisions and rolling out to new geographies and customer segments
- Partner closely with multiple teams at Next including Insurance Compliance, Actuarial, Technical Product, Engineering, Data Science & Machine Learning, Claims, and Legal
- Use the voice of the customer and product performance data to identify improvement opportunities in areas including experience simplification, pricing, and underwriting – then execute on them
- Be the ambassador of the line of business to internal stakeholders as well as external partners (e.g. Reinsurers, Agents, Partners, etc.)
What We Need:
- 5+ years of commercial property insurance experience in product management, underwriting, or actuarial
- Experience working with and presenting to senior leadership
- Customer obsessed, passionate about making great products that serve and empower small business owners
- Proven experience in using data driven methods in decision making and strong analysis skills
- Highly organized, able to handle multiple projects at once, and make progress on all fronts
- Able to work independently and comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience in the SMB space
- BA/BS degree from a top university; graduate degree preferred by not required
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Something looks off?