Strategic Partnerships Manager
Location: Palo Alto, CA (hybrid)
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
This role will drive the strategic embedded insurance agenda with NEXT’s largest and most strategic partners. You will be accountable for the profitable growth and for best-in-class partner service with these partners. If you can drive revenue growth and deeper relationships with large brand-name digital ecosystems, join our team and contribute to NEXT’s strategic vision.
What You’ll Do:
- You will be the global owner of NEXT’s relationship with your assigned partners, encompassing owning assigned revenue goals, building mutually aligned strategies, and ensuring internal and external teams execute on plans
- You will be an extension of a partners’ team and become the internal champion of your assigned partners within NEXT working across various teams (insurance, product, business operations, finance, and others) to deliver the full value of NEXT to both our partner and their clients
- You will continuously collaborate with your partners to build new and incremental revenue pipeline opportunities across product, insurance, service, and all other value propositions while developing structured business cases and ROI analyses to support
- You will seamlessly communicate internally and externally across various levels providing updates on revenue projections, emerging trends, gaps to plan, mitigation strategies, and areas of opportunity
- Deliver best-in-class partnership management and account stewardship resulting in high partner satisfaction levels
What We Need:
- Prior client-facing experience managing and owning large, tech-enabled partnerships that were accompanied with the delivery of meaningful revenue goals for your company
- Possess analytical skills, strategic thinking, and emotional intelligence that allows you to dive deep into all areas of a partner’s business in order to deliver creative solutions for two-way value
- Confident relationship builder with the natural ability to engage C-suite and executive stakeholders at assigned partners and understand their needs and goals
- Successful track record understanding and managing the connectivity between tech, operations, and other internal functions, providing direction and guidance to ensure goals are achieved, dependencies managed, and risks mitigated
- Ability to navigate both up and down various internal and external organizational levels communicating, leading, and aligning across C-Suite stakeholders to front-line employees
- The ability to align vision/strategy/execution in highly ambiguous environments
- Prior Insurance and/or insurtech experience
- Embedded finance experience
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in the location(s) listed. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Something looks off?