Backend Software Engineer-DevEx Team
Location: Kfar Saba, Israel (hybrid)
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
As a DevEx engineer, you will be a part of the team which is responsible for optimizing the entire experience of our ~150 developers at Next, that deliver business value multiple times a day over an advanced CI/CD environment. Using a wide variety of advanced technologies and tools, programming languages and cloud services, you will help us understand the challenges our developers face, then plan and execute projects that will improve the developers day to day, with an emphasis on self-serve tools. Together with the team, you will also create and maintain all the underlying infrastructure required for the tools and services that serve our developers, using technologies such as Kubernetes, Terraform and a variety of AWS services.
If you are a great developer, who gravitates towards improving the environment of the developers you work with, and often thinks about the next thing you can do to increase the velocity of your team members - this is your chance to focus on this vastly growing field in the entire industry and dramatically increase the impact you make on your organization!
- At least 4 years of experience as a developer in a modern engineering organization, working in a cloud environment and delivering multiple times a day to production
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven record of initiating, designing and implementing projects that focus on improving development processes and developer experience in general
- Fast learner of new technologies
- Deep understanding of CI/CD methodologies with a hands-on development experience of Jenkins pipelines
- Knowledge in build tools, e.g. Maven/Gradle/npm
- Familiarity with software test methodologies and tools
- Experience with Internal Developer Portal/Platform and self serve tools (e.g. Backstage) - a major advantage
- Knowledge in AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes - a major advantage
- Familiarity with observability tools - monitoring, logging, tracing - an advantage
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Something looks off?