AI/ML Product Manager
Location: Atlanta (Remote)
At NEXT, we're on a mission to revolutionize the small business insurance landscape. We're harnessing the power of technology to forge a new path in insurance - building a full-stack provider model that is transforming the customer experience from beginning to end.
Since 2016, we've empowered hundreds of thousands of small businesses across the United States with fast, customized, and affordable insurance coverage. Backed by the biggest names in insurance and tech, we're experiencing exponential growth and are seeking an enterprising and enthusiastic Product Manager to join our dynamic team.
Seize the opportunity to be a part of an exciting transition in the insurance industry! We're inviting an accomplished and forward-thinking Product Manager, with expertise in AI and machine learning, to join our underwriting capabilities team. This pivotal role will have you innovating and developing groundbreaking digital underwriting features in partnership with our insurance, data, engineering, and machine learning teams.
What You'll Do:
- Generate an innovative direction for AI/ML-driven underwriting capabilities at NEXT. Work closely with the ML team, engineering team and with other stakeholders across NEXT to develop a roadmap and solve the key pain points we face in knowing our customers and providing the right product at the right price. Develop a clear vision of what your product should be in 12-18 months from now and communicate and deliver on the steps to get there.
- Be accountable for your product’s success. Push cross-functional peers to take action when you identify a need. Propose OKRs for your product area, become deeply familiar with the KPIs and secondary metrics of your product, and identify trends before anyone else.
- Design metrics and experiments that help our team think in new ways and drive results towards NEXT’s goals. Coach others in using data and research and be comfortable discussing results with leadership.
- Operate in a lean, agile and scrappy way. Gather your own data and research. Build prototypes that help others see your vision for what is possible.
What You Need:
- BA/BS degree required.
- 3+ years of full-lifecycle product management experience, including managing data and machine learning driven software products from kick-off to ship.
- For exceptional candidates with 5+ years of full-stack data scientist experience leading projects, we consider direct product management experience as optional.
- Strong background in fintech, insurtech, or a similar industry, with a demonstrated ability to learn complex industry details.
- Experience leading products that require coordination of many stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, with a passion for customer-focused product development.
- Experience using data and ML tooling (ex: python, SQL, etc.)
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.