Business Operations Senior Associate
Location: Palo Alto, CA (hybrid)
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
We are looking to hire an entrepreneurially-minded Business Operations Senior Associate that will help manage our company-wide strategic planning cadences, continue to evolve our company operating model, and drive new strategic initiatives to support the company’s growth. This is a highly collaborative role that will report into the Chief of Staff and partner with a wide range of stakeholders across the company.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the company’s strategic planning processes to support growth and scaling, including annual and quarterly planning
- Partner with the Chief of Staff, Business Operations Lead, and company leadership to drive high priority strategic projects
- Work directly with VPs and Directors across a variety of teams on strategy development, operational improvements, and planning
- Support executive decision making through rigorous business analysis and executive-level presentations and communications
- Provide thought leadership on strategic areas of interest to the executive team and company leadership
Who you are:
- 2 to 5 years of experience at a bulge bracket investment bank, top management consulting firm, and/or experience on a Strategic Finance, Business Operations, or Strategy & Operations team at a technology company
- Strong project management skills, well organized, and with strong ability to work independently
- Solid analytical, problem solving, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Passion to do whatever it takes to solve complex problems and build scalable processes
- Comfortable working in a high growth, constantly changing environment
- Excited about being on a small, scrappy team that works on challenges across the business
- Able to be in-office in Palo Alto 2 days a week
- Proficiency with SQL
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in the location(s) listed. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.